47. Great Bluff Of Aryan Invasion Theory
Our schoolbooks are stuffing our minds from our childhood with many distorted facts. One such great bluff is Aryan invasion theory, the brainchild of our imperial invaders, the British. It is 60 years since they left us free, yet we carry those sham & concocted versions with us, more in our history books and stuff our future Indians with slavish mindsets.
Let us try to understand, what this theory is all about; how it originated, how it is a fake story of malice and falsehood, evolved with an intention of "Divide India to rule India".
Racially, the Aryans had been projected as the white coloured race, migrated from middle Asia, or from Black Sea into India on horsebacks and had driven out the local Dravidians into South India and established superior culture and civilization in Northern part of India. There are many allied stories that are added to flavour the main fictitious theory.
This theory had done great harm to Indians. It ripped apart Indians into Aryan and Dravidian. North Indians were projected as Aryans. South Indians were branded as Dravidians. Further the upper classes (Brahmins, Kshatriyas and Vaisyas) of India were depicted as Aryans in origin. The Sudras were termed Dravidians in origin.
This theory had not only torched the Indian minds, but also influenced the German dictator Adolf Hitler with Aryan superiority complex, that had resulted in Second World War, the greatest human tragedy of the modern times.
Aryan race story is a creation of the British. Let us analyze this theory from different perspectives to understand the malicious intentions of the people who concocted it.
1. Vedas do not mention anywhere that Aryans migrated from far-off lands.
2. Arya Varta and Dravida Pradesha are the locations in India. Vedas, Puranas and other literatures of India describe them so.
3. The Aryan invasion theory's birthday seems to be April 10th, 1866, at a secret meeting held in England by Royal Asiatic Society. This was "to induct the theory of the Aryan invasion of India, so that no Indian may say that English are foreigners. India was ruled all along by outsiders and so the country must remain a slave under the benign Christian rule" (Ref: Proof of Vedic Culture's Global Existence - By Stephen Knapp p. 39).
4.In the year 1784, William Jones wrote a letter to the then Governor General Warren Hastings, how to spread "our pure faith" as "no mission from the Church of Rome will ever be able to convert the Hindus." He wrote about translating Bible into Sanskrit and "then quietly to disperse the work among the well-educated natives." (Source:West Asian languages derived from Indus script - By Bhikhu Patel)
5. Prof. Maxmuller did his scholarly work with certain ulterior motives. When writing to his wife in 1866 about his translation of the Rig Veda, he observed: "This edition of mine and the translation of the Veda will hereafter tell to a great extent..the fate of India, and on the growth of millions of souls in that country. It is the root of their religion, and to show them what the root is, I feel sure, the only way of uprooting all that has sprung from it during the last 3000 years." (Source: The Life and Letters of the Rt. Hon. Fredrich Max Muller, edited by his wife. Longmans, London, 1902, Volume I, p.328)